Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Choice to Opening Heart

When I join sales, I learned and used techniques in asking question. its called probing.

For an example, I seldom ask people a "close" question, instead I use "open"question. For an example of example:

"Can I come to see you next week?" This will be a "close" question, coz you can answer "Yes" or "No", in a way, rejection comes quite easily.

"Which day are you free to meet up next week?" This is an "open" question, leading you to an result I desired.

but Now, I feel its not good to probe with a open question, because its sort of not addressing one feelings, of caring what one really wants. If ones reject, it must have for a certain reason.

The ediot who spread this probing technique sucks, if customers are King, would you probe the King?

No comments: